The theme for the next annual plastics seminar organised by the Manchester Polymer Group (MPG) will focus on the apparent conflicts between meeting increasing environmental demands and satisfying cost-effective performance.
MPG has issued a call for papers for the event, which is to be held on Monday 23rd November at the Lancashire County Cricket Club, Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester, on all aspects of plastics materials, from polymer to additives, processing, performance and regulatory requirements including but not exclusively:
- Material performance requirements e.g. automotive, packaging, construction, medical including recyclability in these different sectors
- Benefits/Restrictions of single use products
- Littering and Marine plastic issues
- Sustainable polymers, additives etc
- Energy reduction/conservation
- Influencing the public/school pupils on the benefits that polymers bring to society
The is an invitation to consider speaking the event with free of charge registration, as well as refreshments and lunch.
For more details and information, email Dr Gary Ogden, Chairman of MPG, on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +44 7908 863727.
For those interested in attending as a delegate, fees are as follows:
Delegate fee - £80
IOM3 Member - £40
Table Top - £175 (includes two delegates)
Student/Apprentice - Free